Sunday, April 29, 2012

Coverage of iPhone OS 4 Event

The basic idea is that there are over 100 new user features, but 7 major 'tentpoles' that have been discussed in depth. These will also be the main noticeable things that you'd first come across when you first start to use OS 4. These 7 items were (I might have the titles slightly wrong): Multitasking, Folders, Mail Improvements, iBooks, Game Centre, Enterprise and iAd. Some obvious, some less so, I'll look at some of the features in each of these categories below.

Multitasking
After switching over to the iPhone Applications over the application you're currently running to give you a seamless transition into the advert and then back to the application you were running to start with. As I said earlier it's not a user feature, nobody will be saying: Oh have you tried iAd, it's fantastic (well developers might). I's the most visible underlying feature I've seen, if there must be adverts, it seems like a great way of going about it. If it keeps Apps free, you can't complain.

Iphone Application

If you've been counting, you'll realise that's the 7th big feature so that's it. Developers can apparently get it now. Though I'm sure that if you're a developer, you'll already know about it so won't be reading this.

RESTRICTIONS - When I thought the news was about over, one major slide was posted that drew my attention. Despite my recent post, I definitely did buy my iPhone Applications like Last.fm.

OS 4 will be arriving on the iPad this Autumn... or Fall if you're that way inclined. That's it, they've done the presentation and finished the Q&A session. It's lunch time over there! I was just thinking about finding something good on TV.

Coverage of iPhone OS 4 Event

No comments:

Post a Comment